Your skin color comes from a natural pigment called melanin. Melanin pigment is synthesized in specialized cytoplasmic organelles called melanosomes. Within the melanosome, the conversion of the amino acid tyrosine to melanin is catalyzed by the enzyme tyrosinase. The melanosomes in darker portions of the skin are more active than those found in normal areas of the body.
The ingredients in Meladerm cream formula counter this process in multiple ways by dealing with not only the melanosomes, but also the enzyme tyrosinase.
Meladerm for hyperpigmentation
Meladerm provides initial benefits within 2 weeks of use, particularly when combined with exfoliation agents. The full results usually take 2-3 months and vary based on the person's skin physiology and condition.
Meladerm not only works to brighten the overall complexion, but also visibly reduces the appearance of:
- Hyperpigmentation, melasma, chloasma
- Age and liver spots
- Sun damage
- Acne scars
- Dark elbows, knees, underarms, knuckles
- Uneven skin tone
- Dark circles around the eyes
The Meladerm formula incorporates modern skin lightening technologies. Meladerm does NOT contain hydroquinone, mercury, steroids, or parabens:
- Alpha-Arbutin - a biosynthetic active ingredient, one of the most powerful skin lightening agents on the market.
- TEGO® Cosmo C 250 - a natural amino acid derivative that inhibits tyrosinase activity in melanocytes.
- Gigawhite - a plant-derived skin lightener used as an alternative to hydroquinone.
- Kojic acid, derived from a fungus, inhibits the production of melanin (brown pigment).
- Licorice Extract - contains glabridin, which is responsible for the skin whitening efferct of the licorice.
- Niacinamide (Vitamin B3) - is an effective skin lightening compound that works by inhibiting melanosome transfer from melanocytes to keratinocytes.
- Mulberry Extract - a potent inhibitor of tyrosinase enzyme and useful skin whitening component.
- Glycolic Acid - is an alpha hydroxy acid which promotes exfoliation, cell turnover, and a natural brightening of the skin tone.
- Lactic Acid, another alpha hydroxy acid, works similar to Glycolic acid.
- Lemon Juice Extract - one of nature's most potent skin bleaching ingredients.
- Emblica Extract - a natural antioxidant with strong skin lightening properties.
- Vitamin C - a natural antioxidant that reduces melanin formation and provides a skin whitening effect when applied topically.
Does Meladerm really work?
In order to answer this question we offer our review of latest clinical studies on active ingredients in Meladerm. After reading research you can estimate the real chances of success and decide to buy Meladerm or look for other skin lightening creams.
Arbutin, a naturally occurring beta-D-glucopyranoside of hydroquinone, is effective for various skin hyperpigmentations characterized by hyperactive melanocytes. Arbutin may suppress pigmentation in skin after UV damage by 46%.
- 1. Choi S, Lee SK, Kim JE, Chung MH, Park YI. Clin Exp Dermatol. 2002 Sep;27(6):513-5. PubMed
- 2. Maeda K, Fukuda M. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 1996 Feb;276(2):765-9. PubMed
In clinical studies kojic acid has been shown to be effective in the treatment of hyperpigmentation and melasma. The combination of glycolic acid with kojic acid works better than glycolic acid/hydroquinone combination in reducing the pigmentation in persons with melasma.
- 1. Choi H, Kim K, Han J, Choi H, Jin SH, Lee EK, Shin DW, Lee TR, Lee AY, Noh M. J Dermatol Sci. 2012 Jun;66(3):207-15. PubMed
- 2. Garcia A, Fulton JE Jr. The combination of glycolic acid and hydroquinone or kojic acid for the treatment of melasma and related conditions. Dermatol Surg. 1996 May;22(5):443-7.
Glabridin is a unique compound in the licorice extract, which not only inhibits synthesis of melanin but also reduces skin inflammation.
- 1. Yokota T, Nishio H, Kubota Y, Mizoguchi M. The inhibitory effect of glabridin from licorice extracts on melanogenesis and inflammation. Pigment Cell Res. 1998 Dec;11(6):355-61.
- 2. Nerya O, Vaya J, Musa R, Izrael S, Ben-Arie R, Tamir S. Glabrene and isoliquiritigenin as tyrosinase inhibitors from licorice roots. J Agric Food Chem. 2003 Feb 26;51(5):1201-7.
Paper mulberry extract (0.4% concentration) inhibits tyrosinase by 50% compared to 5.5% for hydroquinone and 10% for kojic acid. Recent study found that mulberry oil dramatically improved the melasma area and severity.
- 1. Dong-II Jang. Melanogenesis inhibitor from paper mulberry. Cosmeti Toilet. 1997;112:59-62.
- 2. Alvin G, Catambay N, Vergara A, Jamora MJ. A comparative study of the safety and efficacy of 75% mulberry (Morus alba) extract oil versus placebo as a topical treatment for melasma: a randomized, single-blind, placebo-controlled trial. J Drugs Dermatol. 2011 Sep;10(9):1025-31.
Emblica, extracted from the plant Phyllanthus emblica, protects from UV-induced photo-damage and works as a strong skin-lightening agent that reduces hyperpigmentation. Comparative studies with Emblica, kojic acid and hydroquinone were performed among different ethnic groups.
- 1. Draelos ZD, Yatskayer M, Bhushan P, Pillai S, Oresajo C. Cutis. 2010 Sep;86(3):153-8. PubMed
- 2. Adil MD, Kaiser P, Satti NK, Zargar AM, Vishwakarma RA, Tasduq SA. Effect of Emblica officinalis (fruit) against UVB-induced photo-aging in human skin fibroblasts. J Ethnopharmacol. 2010 Oct 28;132(1):109-14.
Where to buy Meladerm Cream?
The best place to purchase Meladerm pigment reducing complex is from official Civant Skin Care website:
- You can order Online, by Phone, or by Mail.
- Payment options: PayPal, Credit Cards.
- Shipping to majority of countries, including: UK, Canada, Europe, Australia, Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, India, Africa, and others.