Ikawe for Men
Ikawe from Native Remedies helps maintain healthy functioning of the male reproductive system, balanced flow of blood to the penis and testes. Ikawe can make all the difference, without compromising health or risking serious side effects.
- Maintains blood flow to the penis and circulation responsible for supporting healthy, strong erections
- Supports routine ejaculation
- Maintains healthy sexual arousal, drive and desire
- Maintains healthy levels of sexual energy and routine stamina
- Supports the male reproductive and hormonal systems
Ikawe Ingredients: Review of Scientific Evidence
Does Ikawe really work? We have found scientific studies confirming the effectiveness of
Ikawe herbal components.
- 1. Epimedium grandiflorum (Horny Goats Weed)
Epimedium, also known as "Horny Goat Weed", have been used for the treatment of erectile dysfunction in Traditional Chinese Medicine for many years. According to the animal studies Epimedium
helps to inhibit PDE-5 in the body (just as Viagra does), increases
blood flow to the male organs by allowing the nitric oxide levels to
increase, relaxing smooth muscles.
- 1. Zhang J, Wang YB, Ma CG, Liu T, Li WR, Gong YQ, Xin ZC. Icarisid II, a PDE5 inhibitor from Epimedium wanshanense, increases cellular cGMP by enhancing NOS in diabetic ED rats corpus cavernosum tissue. Andrologia. 2012 May. PubMed
- 2. Makarova MN, Pozharitskaya ON, Shikov AN, Tesakova SV, Makarov
VG, Tikhonov VP. Abstract Effect of lipid-based suspension of Epimedium
koreanum Nakai extract on sexual behavior in rats. J Ethnopharmacol.
2007 Dec 3;114(3):412-6. PubMed
- 3. Chen KK, Chiu JH. Abstract Effect of Epimedium brevicornum
Maxim extract on elicitation of penile erection in the rat. Urology.
2006 Mar;67(3):631-5. PubMed
- 4. Shindel AW, Xin ZC, Lin G, Fandel TM, Huang YC, Banie L, Breyer BN, Garcia MM, Lin CS, Lue TF. Erectogenic and neurotrophic effects of icariin, a purified extract of horny goat weed (Epimedium spp.) in vitro and in vivo. J Sex Med. 2010 Apr. PubMed
- 2. Tribulus Terrestris
Another powerful herb in Ikawe is Tribulus terristis. Tribulus terristis is used to enhance energy, stamina, and sexual function. This herb stimulates the libido and support normal testosterone levels. Tribulus terrestris increases
the number of sperm and the mobility of them. According to the research,
tribulus terrestris may be useful in mild to moderate cases of erectile
Latest 2014 high quality study
has found that Tribulus terrestris improves sexual desire in women with hypoactive sexual desire disorder.
- 1. Akhtari E, Raisi F, Keshavarz M, Hosseini H, Sohrabvand F, Bioos S, Kamalinejad M, Ghobadi A. Tribulus terrestris for treatment of sexual dysfunction in women: randomized double-blind placebo - controlled study. Daru. 2014 Apr. PubMed
- 2. Gauthaman K, Ganesan AP. Abstract The hormonal effects of
Tribulus terrestris and its role in the management of male erectile
dysfunction--an evaluation using primates, rabbit and rat. Phytomedicine.
2008 Jan;15(1-2):44-54. PubMed
- 3. Singh S, Nair V, Gupta YK. Evaluation of the aphrodisiac activity of Tribulus terrestris Linn. in sexually sluggish male albino rats. J Pharmacol Pharmacother. 2012 Jan;3(1):43-7. PubMed
- 4. Gauthaman K, Ganesan AP, Prasad RN. Sexual effects of puncturevine
(Tribulus terrestris) extract (protodioscin): an evaluation using
a rat model. J Altern Complement Med. 2003 Apr;9(2):257-65. PubMed
- 3. Eleutherococcus senticosus (Siberian ginseng)
Siberian ginseng has been used for centuries in Eastern countries, including China and Russia.
Ginseng has compounds that enhance nitric oxide (NO) production. Enhanced NO production contributes to vasodilatation and also to an aphrodisiac action of ginseng. This may partially account for the improvement in erectile dysfunction. Animal studies suggest that Siberian ginseng may be helpful in increasing reproductive capacity.
- 1. Kwan CY, Zhang WB, Sim SM, Deyama T, Nishibe S. Vascular effects of Siberian ginseng (Eleutherococcus senticosus): endothelium-dependent NO- and EDHF-mediated relaxation depending on vessel size. Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol. 2004 May;369(5):473-80. PubMed
- 2. Murphy LL, Lee TJ. Ginseng, sex behavior, and nitric oxide. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2002 May;962:372-7. PubMed
- 4. Sabal serrulata (Saw Palmetto)
Ikawe containes Saw palmetto (Serenoa repens or Sabal serrulatum), a
herb that is most commonly used for benign
prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). According to many scientific studies, Saw Palmetto is effective for decreasing symptoms of an enlarged prostate.
However, some studies failed to find beneficial effects of
Saw palmetto in
- 1. Yang S1, Chen C, Li Y, Ren Z, Zhang Y, Wu G, Wang H, Hu Z, Yao M. Saw palmetto extract enhances erectile responses by inhibition of phosphodiesterase 5 activity and increase in inducible nitric oxide synthase messenger ribonucleic acid expression in rat and rabbit corpus cavernosum. Urology. 2013 Jun;81(6):1380.e7-13. PubMed
- 2. Suter A, Saller R, Riedi E, Heinrich M. Improving BPH symptoms and sexual dysfunctions with a saw palmetto preparation? Results from a pilot trial. Phytother Res. 2013 Feb;27(2):218-26 PubMed
- 3. Shi R, Xie Q, Gang X, Lun J, Cheng L, Pantuck A, Rao J. Effect of saw palmetto soft gel capsule on lower urinary tract symptoms
associated with benign prostatic hyperplasia: a randomized trial
in Shanghai, China. J Urol. 2008 Feb;179(2):610-5. PubMed
- 4.. Gerber GS, Kuznetsov D, Johnson BC, Burstein JD. Abstract Randomized,
double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of saw palmetto in men with
lower urinary tract symptoms. Urology. 2001 Dec;58(6):960-4; discussion
- 5. Bent S, Kane C, Shinohara K, Neuhaus J, Hudes ES, Goldberg
H, Avins AL. Free Full Text Saw palmetto for benign prostatic hyperplasia.
N Engl J Med. 2006 Feb 9 PubMed
- 6. Tacklind J, Macdonald R, Rutks I, Stanke JU, Wilt TJ. Serenoa repens for benign prostatic hyperplasia. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2012 Dec 12;12:CD001423. PubMed
- 5. Smilax ornata (Sarsaparilla)
Sarsaparilla has been used for leprosy, syphilis, psoriasis.
Sarsaparilla can act as an anti-inflammatory and cleansing agent. It contains steroidal saponins (1) which are thought to mimic the action of some human hormones.
- 1. Belhouchet Z, Sautour M, Miyamoto T, Lacaille-Dubois MA. Steroidal saponins from the roots of Smilax aspera subsp. mauritanica. Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo). 2008 Sep PubMed
- 6. Glycorrhyza glabra (Liquorice)
Liquorice is also included in Ikawe formula. Liquorice has proven anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties (3). It promotes the natural production of hormones such as hydrocortisone that has steroidal anti-inflammatory agents (1, 2).
- 1. Stewart PM, Wallace AM, Atherden SM, Shearing CH, Edwards CR. Mineralocorticoid activity of carbenoxolone: contrasting effects of carbenoxolone and liquorice on 11 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase activity in man. Clin Sci (Lond). 1990 Jan PubMed
- 2. Al-Dujaili EA, Kenyon CJ, Nicol MR, Mason JI. Liquorice and glycyrrhetinic acid increase DHEA and deoxycorticosterone levels in vivo and in vitro by inhibiting adrenal SULT2A1 activity. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2011 Apr 10;336(1-2) PubMed
- 3. Schröfelbauer B, Raffetseder J, Hauner M, Wolkerstorfer A, Ernst W, Szolar OH. Glycyrrhizin, the main active compound in liquorice, attenuates pro-inflammatory responses by interfering with membrane-dependent receptor signalling. Biochem J. 2009 Jul 15;421(3):473-82. PubMed
- 7. Kola vera (Kola nut)
The main active component of kola nut is the xanthine alkaloid best known as caffeine. Kola nut contains an array of antioxidants including the pigment kola red, d-catechin and l-epicatechin. It is also a good general tonic.